Tuesday 6 October 2015

The vegetarian haven in Mount Eden: Blue bird cafe

After an amazing hot yoga session on Saturday morning, me, Danni, Guy and Scott walked back to Mount Eden, down on Dominion road to go for a brunch at Blue Bird Cafe. I've walked passed this little gem so many times and always smiled because of the huge sign that says "Vegetarian Restaurant" but have never actually tried it - until today of course! 

If I'm disappointed in myself for not going here before? YES.



]

Their menu have soooo many different things on it and the price is cheap for being Auckland and yes, as usual, it was really difficult to choose. I just wanted everything! 

They do breakfast such as pancakes and more dinner-y meals and desserts (so many different vegan cakes!), everything is vegetarian and alot of things are vegan as well. I had the vegan BLT sandwich which was absolutely delicious! 


And since I have the best BF in the world I also got to the vegan pizza slice, which I'm so happy he suprised me with as a dessert as this slice of a pizza, was like a slice of christmas in my mouth. Without any exaggeration.

In the arvo (after a long nap due to food coma) we started up the birthday garden party at our house. Tonys gift from his parent caused some minor injuries, but other than that it was a really good night with a lot of snacks, sangria and lovely people.



No comments:

Post a Comment